Price: $250 Late Registration (after 5 August): $275 CHALLENGE Basic is for ages 13-23. See age requirements at bottom of page.*
This world is not a place for shallow Christians of soft character.
CHALLENGE is not a military camp, but it is a program based on the military fundamentals of teamwork, courage, selflessness, attention to detail and a sense of urgency. All of these fundamentals used in harmony with participating fathers and a strong staff team helps reinforce Biblical concepts and masculine strengths to the young men.
The students compete against other squads in obstacle courses, timed events, and problem-solving activities. Each student will learn to make their own shelter and live out of that shelter during the week. The staff will provide classroom as well as hands-on field training. All activities are outdoors and are taught in a safe manner by qualified instructors.
Opportunities you will receive at Basic include:
- Tactical Firearms instruction- Receive quality instruction in basic handgun and basic carbine
- Medical training
- Bonding with squad members during an over-night obstacle course
- Tactical Squad Movements
- Leadership training
- Land Navigation- Receive instruction on the use of map/compass navigation. Use your pace count to accurately determine distance. Learn how to navigate known/unknown distances
- Team building in a small team setting
- Survival training
- High-angle Rappelling and knots- Learn rappelling skills from certified instructors
All activities will be performed entirely in the outdoors in all weather conditions.
*The ages for CHALLENGE Basic are 13-23, divided into age appropriate squads. Ages 20-23 and 17-19 will be required to lead and preform at higher levels.