Historically known as "CST" (CHALLENGE Staff Training), selection is an intense 3-day leadership training and testing event that we use to assess potential staff for future events. Even for former graduates, or folks who are too young to staff, the program brings tremendous value and hands-on leadership assessment.
Staffing at CHALLENGE is a high responsibility and we vet and test our staff thoroughly. For most, the first step is completing CHALLENGE itself (we recruit from alumni). Even in the special case where this is excepted (typically in recognition of comparable military service or experience), the bar is high to join the pool of potential staffers.
Requirements to Attend
- Must have graduated CHALLENGE: Basic or obtained a special waiver from the Director
- Must have a personal recommendation from a current staffer
- Must have a heart for the Lord as evidenced (in part) by regular church attendance and love of the scriptures
- Should have the ability and desire to disciple young men in their Christian walk
- Should have availability in September (date TBD) to staff CHALLENGE: Basic (1 week)
- Should have a professional bearing & appearance in a leadership role
Things to Prepare
- Your own gear according to the CHALLENGE: Basic packing list
- A high standard of fitness based on the CHALLENGE PT test
- 5-10 minute devotional to share (topic/scripture will be assigned later)
- A teachable spirit
This event is invitation only. If interested you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our social pages.